The following are a few of the tips that I learned:
- make sure that you have a great personal assistant
- have your personal trainer come to your home every Monday morning to help you start your week out right.
- feel free to depend on multiple expensive personal electronic gadgets to help you follow your passions and interests
- decorate the shoe boxes with toys, toothbrushes, hats, scarves, books, etc, for the school Christmas toy drive and don't feel guilty about not doing more cause you are too important
- make sure to have a weekly blow out so that you don't have to wash your hair everyday
- get tips on applying makeup quickly from Wallet Lubrich (yes that's a real name)
- Get together with your girlfriends once a quarter
- Be sure to spend time with your kids in the morning before the nanny arrives
- Be sure to have all of the ingredients for your meals delivered because it saves time and in London Paltrow recommends Ocado and James Knight
- It's okay to be late for you 9AM work out if your little one is having a touch of separation anxiety
I will admit that part of this is my fault, because I should have known better than to even look at GOOP. I am not asking the women of GOOP to give up their stolen rewards, merely acknowledge them for what they are. Walking around in purposeful ignorance because the ill gotten gains feels good perpetuates the cycle of exploitation. When I first read the newsletter, my brain was screaming fuck you and fuck off and perhaps that is all the response I should have given it, because those that don't live on high know better. GOOP is not only a waste of time, it is a waste of bandwidth. Honestly, women like Paltrow matter little in the grand scheme of things and the sooner they realize that this inflated level of self importance is irrelevant the better. Now someone pass the humus, this working mom needs some energy to deal with her children because exploiting other women to be a nanny is inaccessible and exploitative.